Gas Meter Boxes
Tricel has been active in the construction of gas meter boxes for over 40 years and supplies many of the industry leaders, such as British Gas and National Grid.
All our products are developed with both precision and industry needs at the forefront of our minds. The many years garnered within the industry are evident in the quality of all products which we produce.
We also specialise in the development of custom moulds to help customers solve unique issues.
For more information on our gas meter boxes
Wholesale & Trade
If you want to know more about being a Wholesale & Trading Partner
Become a Stockist
If you are interested in becoming a Stockist of our Meter Boxes
Meter Box Doors | Gas & Electric Meter Boxes | Meter Box Key | IP Rated Kiosks | Cable ETU Box
Meter box - Gas - Mark 2 UK Standard - Surface (GB0002)
Mark 2- gas meter boxes are surface mounted and designed for the housing of a range of domestic meters, standard and pre-pay.
Suitable for standard domestic meters
These are a 3-part box (door, box, back) and come complete with MK2 back plates, hinges, lock and key. The door on these units opens on from the right to the left. Can be easily cleaned and painted, and the units are fire retardant and certified BS 476 Part 7, 1997, Class 2.
510 x 408 x 242
Meter box - Gas - UK Standard - Recessed (GB0001)
Mark 2 UK Standard Gas Meter Box, this product is recessed fit.
Suitable for standard domestic meters
- Compliant to British Standard BS 8499: 2009 &Fire retardant BS476, Part 7, 1997, Class 2.
- Constructed from Glass Reinforced Plastic.
- Suitable for all meters including prepay and smart.
- This meter box will not rust. It is easy to clean and paint.
- Complete with spigot, hinges, lock and key (Hinges is on the right)
595 x 409 x 214.
Meter box - Gas - Universal Smart Meter (GB0006)
- Suitable for all standard domestic meters, including smart meters.
- Designed for the standard meter installation kits.
- Complies with British Standard B.S. 8499 : 2009.
- Constructed from a high strength and extremely durable material.
- Can be surface mounted, floor standing or partially buried.
- Designed to accommodate a range of domestic gas meter types.
- Manufactured using Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP)
- Fire retardant to BS476, Part 7, Class 2.
- Fitted meter bracket.
- Fitted Safety Door stay
- Will not corrode, weather resistant
- Complete with lock and key
- Door opening front to back
500 mm high x 474 mm wide x 303 mm deep
Meter box - Gas - UK standard - Semi submerged (30.09.003)
This unit is designed to house G4/U6 meters or regular assemblies. The housing is constructed from Glass reinforced plastics which has a dough grade of 43-18-80. Like all our products within this line it is BS476, Part 7, Class 2 is standard fire retardant. It is suitable for all new IGT installations.
The glass reinforced plastic housing assures that there will be no corrosion and weather resistant. Each item comes with lock, key and hinges. All our units should only be installed qualified installers.
460mm x 450mm x 400mm
Meter box - Gas - UK standard - Mark One Gas Overbox - Surface Mounted (104202)
Mark One Gas Overbox
This unit does not require you to remove your old gas back from the wall. Instead, you can now purchase a replacement gas cover, that not only fixes your damaged gas box, but will also bring you up to the latest UK Gas BS 8499:2017 Standards.
Moreover, our GRP Gas Overbox will work with all smart meters unlike many metal replacement options.
- Compliant with BS 8499:2017 minimum wall thickness 3mm.
- GRP construction.
- Meets BS 8499:2017 material specifications: Made from Polyester
- Moulding Compound (not metal)
- Fire rated, conforms to BS 476-7 Class 2.
510mm Height x 450mm Width x 310mm Depth
If you require further technical information
If you need a full quote online
Our gas meter boxes are all weather-resistant, fire retardant and extremely durable
Easily Cleaned & Painted
Our gas meter boxes can be easily cleaned and painted to suit your taste
Most of our meter boxes are Irish and British Standard Approved
Get in touch
Tricel (Gloucester) Limited.
Fox House, Stonedale Road, Stonehouse, Gloucester, GL10 3SA, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1453 791 616