Road Safety Products
Surefoot Trench Covers
Tricel offers a wide range of trench covers including Surefoot™: the Largest edge board available in the UK!
HSE slip resistance (BS 7976: Part 2/BS EN 13036-4), scroll down to read more about our product specifications.
Available in pre-order at the moment!
Surefoot Trench Covers – Edge board
The Tricel Surefoot Trench Cover is a highly versatile and safe trench cover with an anti-slip edge board. Approved by local authorities and major utility companies, this safety product is designed for covering holes and trenches during maintenance, construction and repair projects and is compliant for Department for Transport (Safety at Street Works and Road Works and Practical guide for Street Works) and DETR (Best Practice in Street Works and Highway Works).
The Surefoot Trench Covers provide safe access and passage over and around site excavations for pedestrians and vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes (see load ratings below). Installation is quick and simple, they are a highly cost-effective solution to site safety and access and are fully compliant with Irish and European Legislation:
- Complies to and exceeds the directives and specifications in the latest Street Works regulations and Directive 2017 relating to Ramps, Trench Covers and Road Plates.
- Complies to and exceeds T/SP/E42 National Grid specification for Ramps, Trench Covers and Road Plates.
These versatile access manhole covers are suitable for a range of applications including, but not limited to:
Street lighting, traffic signals, telecommunications, CCTV, ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition), cable television, valve chambers, meter chambers, drainage chambers, sewage treatment chambers, utility service networks, railways, general construction, computer networks, transport infrastructure, general civil construction and low voltage electrical systems and much more.
Surefoot Trench Covers - Edge Board
The Tricel Surefoot Trench Covers or Edge Board are designed for covering holes and trenches during maintenance, construction and repair projects:
Available in two sizes:
- Surefoot 1600: Load rating 3.5 tonne vehicle loading over a 900mm trench
- Surefoot 1220: Load rating 3.5 tonne vehicle loading over a 700mm trench
The leading-edge size is 6mm.
- Surefoot 1600 (1640 x 1260mm) weight = 32.3KGS
- Surefoot 1220 (1260 x 840mm) weight = 17.4KGS
Constructed from SMC,The Tricel Surefoot Trench Covers or Edge Board are tough, lightweight, durable and safe with an easy-to-clean system as an alternative to heavy steel sheets.
Benefits of Tricel Surefoot Trench Covers/Edge Board
The Trench cover is available in a range of colours with moulded in logos to match your corporate identity. As we manufacture the SMC compound in-house, smaller quantities are available to order.
- Manufactured from SMC glass reinforced plastic
- High strength to weight ratio
- Comply with HAUC’s 2018/01 advice note.
- Fully compliant with current UK & European Legislation.
- Tough, lightweight & durable (constructed from SMC).
- Improved stability & reduced movement (PVC edge).* Additional securing may be required for certain applications.
- Four pre-moulded fixing holes are available for certain applications.
- Reduced trip hazard with a 6mm non-trip leading edge. The lowest leading edge profile is currently on the market.
- Highest rated anti-slip in the UK & exceeds HSE slip resistance (BS 7976: Part 2 / BS EN 13036-4).
- Electric shock safe.
- Improved public relations (smart appearance and high safety levels)
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Safe working load over a trench for a single tire footprint
- Can be manufactured with permanent corporate logos
- Reflective markings available on certain models, make them quite simply the safest products available on the market
Call us today to discuss your project
Download brochure for more information
Get in touch
Tricel (Gloucester) Limited.
Fox House, Stonedale Road, Stonehouse, Gloucester, GL10 3SA, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1453 791 616